Hallowes Golf Club, founded in 1892, is a very pleasant hill top parkland course situated halfway between Sheffield and Chesterfield with magnificent views over the Yorkshire and Derbyshire countryside. This well manicured course offers a complete variation of holes with quick, true greens and is a fine test for accomplished players whilst being fair and rewarding for golfers of all standards.
We offer all our visitors:
- Large secure car park.
- Fully stocked Golf Professional's shop.
- Practice putting green directly in front of the clubhouse.
- Practice nets located in front of the locker room and adjacent to the putting green.
- Two large practice areas running alongside the 1st hole.
- Electric golf buggies to rent if required.
- An attractive golf course that is both challenging and enjoyable to play.
Our 17th Century Clubhouse provides:
- A separate visitors changing room and modern showering and washing facilities.
- A fully stocked cellar and bar.
- Catering offering sandwiches, bar snacks, specials and 1, 2 or 3 course meals.
- Two snooker tables.
We welcome you to our Golf Club and hope you have a very enjoyable time. For further information please see the Contact Details.
History of the Golf Course
Golf started at Hallowes (which means nooks or small pieces of land) in 1890/1891 when local enthusiasts approached farmer Ashton of Hallowes for permission to play over his fields.
History of the Clubhouse
Golf started at 'Hallowes' in 1890/1891 when local enthusiasts approached farmer Ashton of Hallowes for permission to play over his fields. Subsequently a golf club named Dronfield Golf Club was formed by the Easter of 1892...